Monday 10 September 2012

Blair Waldorf Inspired Bedroom Decorating

Bedroom Inspiration- Gossip Girl, 500 Days of Summer and Pretty Little Liars


Hello there!


So we are about to move into a new house. And as heartbroken as I am to be moving away from the house where I grew up and gave my entire adolescence to I am also rather thrilled to be getting a fresh start. After a tough few weeks a New Beginning sounds beautiful.

How does one go about creating the Perfect Bedroom then? One that will hopefully make organising their life a little bit easier and a lot simpler? One that will affect how you feel and ultimately how you live?

I was thinking about giving all of the bedrooms names and themes.
The room with pink dulux paint adorned walls has become "the rose garden" in my head, it will soon welcome a single red metal bedstead and purple satin curtains.

The room with green walls and blue curtains has been dubbed "the grasslands" and also has rather rugged views of the surrounding hills peering down into suburbia. I think it is definitely masculine enough to be a guest bedroom.

An odd colour, the lovechild of lilac and pale gray was used in the master bedroom becoming "the heath", there are also rather nice views across the harbour to the opposite shore.

My room is unquestionably the largest bedroom possibly even the largest room in the house in terms of square meter-age anyway. Lack of an ensuite ruled it out of the running for master bedroom and it is above the granny annex and so will probably be freezing very soon. It also has moderately sloping ceiling which mean that at least 25% of the room is quite difficult to utilise.


The Before photos or the Blank Canvas.

Inspiration

Blair Waldorf's Bedroom- Walls

I am completely in love with the decor from Gossip Girl sets and set forth to mimic the style of Blair Waldorf's bedroom. Blair Waldorf's Bedroom is painted a rather dark shade of true blue. I say rather dark because the majority of buildings these days have very pale neutral walls. My bedroom tends to get rather dark in the afternoons and evenings because the large window faces east-ish. I decided that although I love the shade of blue Blair has on her walls mine would have to be a bit lighter.

She also has what appear to be iridescent tiles behind her dark wood carved headboard. Of course this effect could also be achieved by buying textured wallpaper that has the impression of squares and painting over it with gold paint. For some reason that wall looks gold at night and silver during the day, an effect that I think can be yours if you go over the gold paint with silver applied using a sponge to that the finish isn't quite even.

 I haven't been totally idle this summer! Dulux had a two for the price of £20 offer on 2.5L tins of paint. My room is now a lovely Mineral Mist colour. Only I managed to paint the first coat Satin and the second with Matt... Awkward.

I decided that wallpaper was a good way to define my sleeping area, since large areas need definition and to try and recreate her extended metallic wall headboard thing. Originally the plan was to go for plan gold wallpaper which would probably bring about the most authentic Gossip Girl set recreation but then I deviated to gold damask patterned wallpaper and then settled on gold wallpaper with flowers on it since I was rather fond of painting on walls as a child.
 
Graham and Brown Countess Wallpaper in Taupe

They call it taupe but it does have a certain shine about it and looks rather like a muted gold to me!
After round one: battle with paint brush and rollers.

Round two involved wallpaper...

I wanted to wallpaper the exact center of the room because after all, symmetry is the basis of all beauty, but apparently the FengShui is bad as all your good vibes are wafting out the door...

Lots more to come!
Cx


No comments:

Post a Comment